What happens when Internationally Acclaimed Mastering Engineer Maor Appelbaum teams up with HendyAmps?
Something good is "Cooking " for sure!
Welcome THE OVEN - A tool that can seriously enhance ANY track you put into it.
As the name states it's the device to "Cook, Bake & Broil" any sound source, stem, group, stereo sub group, stereo mixbuss and mastering chain.
This is not a typical eq, Its a Vibe / Coloration / Mojo box with tonal shaping options
It will add Warmth, Size, Depth, Mojo, Vibe, Color, Saturation and Sizzle to your tracks.
Anything from subtle HiFi enhancement that you barely hear (until you bypass and feel something is missing) to saturated and driven aggressive sounds, and everything in between.
Taken from Maor Appelbaum's personal creative mastering concepts and built with HendyAmps' impeccable knowledge of creating some of today's most unique analog processors, we bring you a creative and versatile tool for the current Composer / Producer / Engineer / Mixer and Mastering Engineer
So when they ask What's Cooking??? We can proudly say "THE OVEN"!
- The BYPASS switches allow the user to completely disengage The Oven at any time in order to properly A/B a mix (true bypass). We mean TRUE
- The TRIM control allows the user to match the volume coming from The Oven to any desired level. If you go FULL ON AGRESSIVE you can trim the output so it wont clip the next gear in line or the converters.
- Left and Right CALIBRATION is used to Gain match the Left and Right signals, accounting for any volume discrepancies encountered. Interestingly enough, these calibration controls can also be used to alter the tonal response of The Oven if so desired. For example, it is possible to bring the Calibration volumes up and the Trim down, resulting in The Oven driving the signal harder than normal, increasing saturation. If your rig is running very hot you can lower the calibration settings to get more headroom coming in the unit to avoid oversaturation.
- The TEMP Control Knob alters the drive circuit, allowing you to push the Tube and SolidState sections for extra saturation. This knob is MAGIC and the key to making the changes. Small Moves = Big Changes. It can stay punchy and tight even in some aggressive settings.
- The TEMP RANGE switch allows you to choose between driving it LOW or HIGH thus increasing the intensity of the TEMP knob range if needed - It's Like having two modes, one light and easy on the saturation and the second hotter and pushed giving it the energized feeling. A little goes a long way on this HIGH setting.
- The COOK control is GOLDEN ! It allows the user to drive the pentode tube stage for an overall thick saturation that will enhance literally anything that runs through it. It can feel bigger without adding much level, thus staying in the same " Zone" but warmer & rounder with rich harmonics that are easy on the ears and create a sense of fullness with not much effort
- The BAKE/BROIL switch allows the user to change the voicing of the tube and how it responds to transients. In BAKE it will operate with full dynamic response whereas in BROIL it will naturally compress the signal and increase the saturation complexity. That's where you can make it HIFI, MOJO-FI, and anything in between to be VIBE-FI
- The ELEC/GAS switch allows the user to increase the push of the COOK control. ELEC will be the more subtle and clearer sound and GAS will be presenting a more bold, thicker and harder treatment option, in this case Intensity is not a dirty word.
- The LOW BURN, MID BURN, TOP BURN controls (as we call them: THE BURNERS), give the user the ability to drive certain bands for more saturation when desired. Each band operates in a way that engages the entire circuit as a whole processor in order to give an incredible diversity of options and tone enhancing saturation. This maximizes the versatility of the unit in a way that is quite rare. You can boost and cut the saturation and tonal shaping in creative ways like using big brush strokes in a painting.
The SIZZLE control - The name says it all and this one only goes up ( not in flames ) - It's a boost only and you got two modes for it: Higher.... and More Where That Came From!
- Each BURN TYPE switch will alter the area covered by the BURN and SIZZLE controls. It's like getting two at the price of one
- The BUNSEN switch alters the TOP BURN control so that it provides more range to work with. That gives the user four different tonal options on the TOP Burner - The area where its very important to get the right harmonics to make the track get its presence in the mix and master
- The BURNED switch is intended to give the option of hitting a track with a LOFI response. Once you hear it you cannot un-hear it anymore.
- Full Stereo Design
- True Bypass Switches
- Knob Controls for Tube and Mosfet based Multi-Band saturation
- Temp Knob Control
- Temp Range Toggle Switch
- Low Burn Type Toggle Switch
- Mid Burn Type Toggle Switch
- High Burn Type Toggle Switch
- Bunsen Toggle Switch
- Sizzle Type Toggle Switch
- Stereo Trim Knob
- Left and Right Calibration Knobs
- Pentode and Mosfet based amplification
- Jensen Input & Output Transformers
- Rugged metal faceplate
- All hand wired construction
- Designed and built in the USA
All gear is custom built to order and as such all sales are final
Bob Horn (Kelly Clarkson, BTS, Usher, Timbaland, Ne-Yo) and his thoughts on The Oven
Mike Plotnikoff (Chris Cornell, Chicago, My Chemical Romance, Bon Jovi, 3 Doors Down) and his thoughts on The Oven
Copyright © 2020 - All Rights Reserved.