What does a producer dream of?
A great song, with great lyrics, composition and arrangement.
A great performance captured in the best way possible.
This is why we developed THE ROASTER!
It won't be able to write a great song but it will surely capture the best performances and sounds for your production.
THE ROASTER is a high voltage, discrete, solid state and tube preamp that can take Mic, Line and Instrument level inputs along with a DI on the front panel.
THE ROASTER is loaded with an amazing and clean Optical Compressor that can focus on high frequencies (and act like an optical De-esser) or operate normally on the full frequency spectrum and control the overall peaks of the incoming signal.
A high voltage Pentode Tube Saturation section offers five voicing selections and a knob that lets you dial in the desired amount of Tube richness and saturation needed to enhance the incoming signal.
- The LOW BURN, MID BURN, TOP BURN controls (as we call them: THE BURNERS), give the user the ability to boost or cut certain bands when desired. Each band operates in a way that engages the entire circuit as a whole processor in order to give an incredible diversity of sonic enhancing. This EQ section works like using big and broad brush strokes in a painting and operate in parallel with the Pentode tube stage in a similar way that the Oven does, and this combination is simply stunning!
- The BUNSEN switch alters the TOP BURN control so that it provides a broader range of operation. This gives the user four different tonal options on the TOP Burner - The area where its very important to get the right EQ to make the vocals or instrument get its presence and attack.
The SIZZLE control - That's "The Fairy Dust" control with that nice, warm air that opens up the top upper area and harmonics of the vocals and on instruments. It's a boost only and you have two modes for it: High.... and more of that!
You can even use this unit to reprocess sounds coming out of your DAW (from your audio interface) and back, using the Line IN switch and XLR input.
The unit has a selectable - 10 db pad and a -20db pad so it can work with a variety of incoming signals.
Also there is a three way boost switch with two levels of gain increase, providing a variety of operating levels for THE ROASTER.
And the Cherry on the top.... wait for it.....
We have hidden inside this box a 1 Watt (Yes One Watt) TUBE POWER AMP that can drive a speaker cab (8ohm guitar amp speaker cab). So not only will you be able to record any source with THE ROASTER, but you can also use it as a guitar amp, keyboard amp, or general reamp box - WITH an amazing studio grade compressor and EQ!
So many features...... So little time but IT SOUNDS AWESOME!!!!!
( Its especially amazing for vocals, bass, acoustic guitars, electric guitars, mono synths, re-amping and processing.)
A Masterclass In Tone
Another unique feature of The Steamer is that when you purchase one, you are not simply getting an incredible piece of gear. You are also getting a one-on-one masterclass with Maor Appelbaum where he is able to personally walk you through his Steamer workflow and methodology, as well as help you fully integrate your new Steamer into your setup. The value of this experience is truly outstanding and will provide you the confidence to get the most out of your purchase for years to come!
- Single Channel Design
- Gain and Trim ("Flow") Controls
- DI Input
- Three Way Gain Switch
- Transformer balanced in and out
- High Voltage Mosfet based amplification
- Pentode Tube based amplification
- Three way PAD Switch
- Line Level Switch
- Full EQ
- Optical Compressor
- Compressor selectable for normal or de-ess operation
- 48v Phantom Power
- 1 Watt Guitar Amp
- All hand wired construction
- Designed and built in the USA
Hendyamps Gear can be purchased in a variety of ways including Paypal, Venmo, Crypto, Check, and Credit Card For Paypal purchases please see below.
THERE IS A 5% DISCOUNT OFFERED ON CRYPTO BASED PURCHASES
For any other payment options please contact us
All gear is custom built to order and as such all sales are final
Copyright © 2022 - All Rights Reserved.